Medicalia.org

by Internet Medical Society

Review By Sameer Shinde on total knee replacement surgery | Dr. Shailendra Patil

One of the best consultant and orthopedic surgeon I have come across. I’m glad that he had operated on my mother for the total knee replacement surgery.  View more

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

During total knee replacement surgery, the damaged part of your knee is removed and replaced with an implant. Implants are made of various materials: stainless steel, titanium, chrome, cobalt, or polyethylene. Bone cement may also be used in the repair. The choice of implants varies from person to person. Factors considered are your age, activity level, body type, and the amount and strength of your bone and bone tissue. Your surgeon will choose the implant based on the following factors:

The implant should allow you to perform normal activities and motion.

The implant should at least last for 15-20 years or more.

The implant should be biocompatible for those with nickel allergies. Before proceeding with the implant surgery, your surgeon will ask about lifestyle, allergies and so forth.

The most common type of knee replacements is called a “single radius knee”. It is the widely used implant because it provides the greatest level of extension and flexion, irrespective of age, gender and activity level.

Other variations of knee replacement implants are:

fixed bearing

medial pivot

mobile bearing implants

Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)-Retaining or Substituting Implants When it comes to selecting a knee replacement material, style, type and manufacturer, you don’t have to settle for less. In saying this, it’s most important to find an orthopaedic surgeon and follow their advice when it comes to the best recommendation for knee implant.

Are you thinking about knee replacement surgery? Call us on 080 6814 4222 and get matched with a top knee replacement surgeon in Bangalore who has the highest successful knee replacement surgery cases.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Advertisement

© 2020   Created by Network Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service