One of the most vital steps in assuring an adequate rhinoplasty outcome is selecting the correct surgeon. Since rhinoplasty ranks amid the most demanding of all cosmetic procedures, at a bare depth, one should find a surgeon with authentic rhinoplasty expertise, renowned rhinoplasty experience, and a resume of consistently favorable results. A good surgeon tends to be an effective communicator, a good listener, and a compassionate caregiver. Though there are many surgeons who fulfill this criterion, there are many who fall short. So a careful and diligent research is mandatory. And since rhinoplasty is an elective and non-emergent procedure, there isn’t any excuse for failing to investigate the credentials and qualifications of the care provider; failing to do so means gambling with one’s own facial features.
What to Look For in a Plastic Surgeon?
- Valid Medical License: To legally perform rhinoplasty, a valid medical license is needed. An active and free medical license ensures that the state medical board has confirmed the minimal academic training (medical school) and at least 1 year of post – graduate training (internship) for the license holder. The state board of medicine may also be a source of information regarding disciplinary action(s) taken against a doctor for medical practice, non-compliance, or any other reportable infractions. A clean medical license is typical of many individual surgeons.
- Board Certification: Certifications by Board of Medical Specialties denotes successful completion of both – accredited residency program and a comprehensive written and oral competency examination specific to a given medical specialty.
- Malpractice History: Another often used screening tool is malpractice history. Definitely, no one wants to entrust their face to a surgeon with a history of deliberate negligence and disastrous surgical outcomes. Thus, contacting the state medical board for malpractice activity are clever initial steps in the selection process. Though malpractice claims are generally frivolous and without merit, numerous settlements or malpractice judgments against a particular surgeon are a cause for doubt and should be factored into the decision making process.
- Specialty Niche: In widespread, surgeons who specialize in a particular surgical niche tend to have big interest and skill in that subspecialty. Typically, this translates into better and more accurate surgical outcomes, whether it is avascular tumor of the brain, cosmetic nasal surgery, or total hip replacements. Though finding a surgeon board certified in facial plastic surgery or plastic surgery is a good start, but by no means does it assure a good enough rhinoplasty will ensue.
- Word-of-Mouth Endorsements: Another encouraging indicator of the quality of rhinoplasty surgeon is a word-of-mouth endorsement from a family member or trusted friend. Anyhow be careful not to compare oranges to apples, since a good breast augmentation or any facelift doesn’t automatically result out to be a good Rhinoplasty. Be assured that the person is getting the name of a good rhinoplasty surgeon.
Cost for Rhinoplasty Surgery in India
Rhinoplasty cost in India is around $3,500 whereas in the USA it is around $30,000 in the UK it is $25,000 and $10,000 in Singapore. India is the only country that offers this price without compromising on the quality and standard of the procedure.
To connect with the best rhinoplasty surgeons in India, E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org